Last Updated: July 26, 2018
This chapter is composed of a series of tables, which contain a differential list for a given intracranial location. The abbreviations used within these tables are listed at the end of this chapter. This is a reference for building a quick differential diagnosis during patient Rounds.
Table 1: Posterior Cranial Fossa
Differential list for posterior cranial fossa lesions
- Metastatic (solitary or numerous)
- Hemangioblastoma (solitary or numerous, cystic nodule)
- Pilocytic astrocytoma (cystic irregularly enhancing nodule)
- Brainstem glioma
- Cerebellar liponeurocytoma
- Choroid plexus tumor
- Dysplastic gangliocytoma (enlargement of folia on MRI)
- Intracerebellar hemorrhage (hype...